Saturday, April 23, 2011

Jai's cinema experience and Bus Conversation

Jai really liked Angry birds rio and he's been bugging me to watch this movie ever since i downloaded the game. It will be his first time in the cinema. Knowing Jai, i was a bit worried. He never liked the dark. He's a bit claustrophobic. He's also throw tantrums once you make him do things that he doesnt want. I could waste money if he decided not to go. But what the heck! Its worth a try.

Showing is 430pm. We're there around 3 so we still have time to play and condition him what the cinema looks like. 4pm. We decided to go to the cinema. They said that its being cleaned first. So we hang out at the lobby.

410. Ok moment of truth. I took a picture of him at the hallway. We entered the cinema. Light is still on. While explaining that its just like a big projector, i think Jai realized that its an enclosed space with very loud sound. He literally ran outside.

Second attempt. I let him settle first in the lobby. Explained that its ok. He then throws this 'im scared' line. So i told him, i have flashlight in my iphone. We could use it when we get inside. He agreed. At the mere sight of the entrance door, he ran again.

Third attempt. I was a bit frustated and becoming impatient now. But then i realized that if i give up on him now, he will never overcome the fear. So I bargained with him. I told him, i wanted to watch the movie. In exchange he can play with my iphone. To reduce the sound, i put on the headphones in. I also let him watch as kids went inside the cinema. Ok, deep breath...

As we entered, empire state of mind is playing. Jai says I love that song. He forgot for a while, then, will start to run again. But I literally dragged him inside. I sat on the front row closest to the door and make him sit. He is complaining but I told him if he wants to go out then he can go out by himself. He settled and played with my phone.

Movie started. He started to gain interest. Im giving him popcorn and he started to comment and laugh. He's literally shouting since he had the headphones on. So I told him to remove the headphones but he hesitated. Around 15min in the movie, he forgot that he is playing game so i carefully removed the headphones. He took the popcorn. Laughed and enjoyed the movie. Im a bit dizzy since were sitting closest to the screen and watching sideways. Worst place to sit in but who cares? Its Jai's first and seeing him enjoy the movie is PRICELESS! i enjoyed the last part and being the hopeless romantic i cried when blu and jules is about to fall from the plane.

We ended the day with Starbucks and had my latte and Jai had ensaymada.

Exciting part. On our way home, we're having a conversation on how he enjoyed the movie. I asked him will he watch again in the cinema. He said yes and he said he is not scared of the cinema already. I told him that he has to conquer his fears to enjoy things. Then he discussed about putting up a cinema at home then came to his word of the day. This is worth blogging....

Jai: i hope the movie dont get PIXELATED.
Me: what anak? Pixelated? What do you mean by that?
Jai: you know, when the picture gets bigger, it becomes pixelated.

Checked google, here is what pixelated means: When the image is displayed too large or at a low resolution the image becomes pixelated

That smart ass kid. Tsk!


Broken but Good BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

1 comment:

  1. 2 thumbs up... one of my fave stories so far... hope to meet jai soon :)

    ReplyDelete