Saturday, July 16, 2011

2nd day HK adventure of mommy & jai

Ok Day 2. Woke up early. Around 6am. I plan to walk around the Kowloon streets since there are lots of stores to see. Jai ate pandesal while i ate granola bars.

After eating, packed our bags and cleaned the room. But Jai doesnt want to move. He says he just wanted to stay in the hotel. That wont work. Its our first time in HK and yet this kiddo doesnt want to move?! He just wants to watch chinese tv. And he is pretending to speak chinese.

The crappy room that we had is just unbearable. i just wanted to go out and leave. The bathroom is so small and yucky. And the hot water, its 3sec cold, 3sec hot. So I tried convincing Jai to move. I think he's still tired so I let him rest for a while. And Jai is anxiously asking for a tabo.

9am, I got the hotel glass as tabo and bathed Jai. And this crappy hotel door got stucked. I thought we couldnt get out. I tried and finally it got open.

1030am, front desk of the hotel. We checked out. I asked for a taxi service but the front desk says its just a 10min walk.

We started walking and around the park Jai told me he is tired. Thats when I saw that he wore his sandals wrong. Imagine we walked for around 10min and he had his sandals wrong?! Hay, that kid. We asked around since I dont know where to go. We finally arrived.

Dorsett Seaview is a lot nicer. They have 2 bed and a window! Nice bathroom. When we entered, it didnt have electricity. Im starting to be annoyed and will call the front desk. Then I read our card, it has to be inserted to the slot to power on the electricity. Ang tanga ko lang.

We ate lunch at McDo. Their happy meal had corn kernels and since Jai loved corn he enjoyed his lunch.

Off to the peak tower! Ok, another katangahan. After we went down to the MTR, I dont know where to go to the Peak. We asked a man and he said to turn left. I saw a bus that says we need to go off to hong kong park to the peak lower terminus. We missed our bus stop so I really dont know what to do. Then I saw a sign that says Peak Tram Pathway. We went down and then I told myself we just have to follow that path down. After a few minutes, Jai become really tired and I still haven't seen the end of the tram. So I decided to take the taxi to the tram. And funny thing is that the tram is just a corner away.

We enjoyed the Peak. Me & Jai are both scared of heights. But we still took a few shots before we went down to the shopping centers. Actually I didnt shop because its either Jai will impatiently frown at me or he finds a toy and will bug me to buy the toys. We went outside where Jai enjoyed the big screen tv while eating a 10 hkd nestle drumstick. Well, I also cant resist the coffee so I bought my favorite starbucks latte worth 32hkd.

After that we went on a very long way to Avenue of the Stars. Jai is having tantrums already as he is not used to very long walks. After 3 stumbles, and lot of whining we got there. He doesnt want to have his picture taken. We found a spot where we could rest and waited for the lights show. We really enjoyed the view. These were the times that I badly wanted an SLR camera. My crappy camera cannot capture the shots that I wanted. My I phone camera is even better than my digicam.

After the light show we went to look for the stars. One funny moment when I took Jai's pic to a clapper. He touched the light. It's really hot and he was about to cry so I pretended I didnt see him. Haha... Its really funny. Famous personality seen (or the only ones that I know): Bruce Lee, Jacky Chan, Jet Li and Chow Yan Fat.

We walked again to the Shim Sha Tsu station. A very very long walk. Its very tiring. When we got to Yaw Ma Tei station, I forgot where to exit. There was 5 exits. I tried to remember what exit we went in. So stupid of me. So I tried the A1 exit and it was wrong. I saw the KFC that I used to see yesterday on the other side of the street. Jai is really punching me for taking the wrong exit. He just wanted to rest. I pursued him to eat first at KFC since I am very hungry too. He doesnt want to eat.

Ok after that I looked for the customer service booth where we bought our tickets and prayed that the next exit is our exit. Fortunately I got it correctly.

Then I discovered that Temple Street is so close to our hotel. Temple street is where the night market is located. Unfortunately, Jai doesnt want to go because he said its dirty. Ok he wins. I can still go the next day after our disneyland.

Jai sleeped at once while I ate 5 pandesal. Im so hungry and thats my dinner. I need to prepare for the big day. Disneyland!

Broken but Good

No comments:

Post a Comment