Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Hopscotch

I meet up with my friend Ayi and my pretty baby Shiri (Ayi's daughter) at Mcdo. I just loved this mother and daughter so much. Just after we meet, Jai asked me if he could buy a watercolor so we went to Mega (a store in Sta. Cruz). Since the store is just near Mc Donalds and to exercise Jai's legs, we decided to walk.

While we are walking, I noticed that Jai is jumping often. So here is our exact conversation:

Mom: Jai why are you jumping? I am having a hard time walking.
Jai: I cant step on the line (pointing at the road).
Mom: Why anak?
Jai: Because I am pretending to play hopscotch.
(So eto nanaman kami... hindi ko nanaman alam yang hopscotch na yan!)
Mom: (maang maangan...) Ah... so you are playing hopscotch. thats nice anak. I think I forgot how to play hopscotch. Can you teach me again?
Jai: First, you draw rectangles with numbers. Then you get a stone, throw it in the number, and then you hop with one foot.
Mom: Ahhh 

Piko lang pala pinahirapan pa ako! Sorry naman, mahirap lang kami nung bata kaya hindi ko alam ang hopscotch.

Wikipedia: To play hopscotch, a course is first laid out on the ground. Depending on the available surface, the course is either scratched out in dirt, or drawn with chalk on pavement. Designs vary, but the course is usually composed of a series of linear squares interspersed with blocks of two lateral squares. Traditionally the course ends with a "safe" or "home" base in which the player may turn before completing the reverse trip. The home base may be a square, a rectangle, or a semicircle. The squares are then numbered in the sequence in which they are to be hopped.

Broken but Good

No comments:

Post a Comment