Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mommy's Day

Today will be my day. Mom's day. My boss asked us what will we do today.  I really thought about it but I couldnt think of anything. So I jokingly say, 'Maghahanap ng babati sa akin'. Infact, I really never thought about it at all until that question came up. I even scheduled a shopping date with Khol and Cata today since I really forgot that its mothers day.

As posted in my wall: Your struggles & victories give others the courage to win their own battles. Don't hide them. This goes to all the single moms for they have been both a mom and a dad to their kids. Being a mom is hard enough, what more be a dad also at the same time. I salute you! All praises to the moms who give their 200% just to raise the future citizens of the world.

I cant help it, but i get sentimental since this will be my first of many mothers day that i'll be a single mom. Dont get me wrong. I am not at all bitter. If you would ask me now, im not really mad at him. I just love him that much that seeing him happy makes me contented. But my feeling as an abandoned wife is different from my feelings as a mom who sees her kids get their little hearts broken. And sometimes I really get frustrated at how little time he spends with the kids. And how he never even bothered to check whats happening to them.

Anyway, i thought this would just be another normal day but kuyakoy surprised me and it really meant a lot to me. All his effort on making something just to make me happy. My heart leaped in joy and excitement. It turned out that this is not just any other day. Today is mothers day. I am really overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness of the inakay.




The rose. Just like a shy suitor, Jai gave me the rose. Although this came from his school, the mere fact that he never let anyone touch it besides me is really heartwarming.










The card. This is also from his school activity. Sweetness!!!






Not your ordinary popsicle stick. He made an effort to write this kind words. Jai hates to write but he makes this occassion an exemption. And take note, nobody dictated him on what to write.. He doesn't copy it from anything. He just wrote it. So this one made me cry because I know and feel the sincerity in those words. Im really touched.

So this day, although spent as a single mom, im not really sad at all. Infact I am so happy and fulfilled that I am appreciated by my kid despite of me.

Quotable quotes? Ofcourse meron:

Jai: mommy happy mothers day. I really love you
Me: thank you anak. (kissed him)
Jai: mommy dont be sad, when I grow up im gonna marry you.
Me: hahahaha, anak you cant marry me. Just go get a nice girl and marry her.
Jai: ok, but i will never leave you.
Me: thank you anak.

---------------

Me: Jai greet mamu happy mothers day
(ang tagal, nagiisip)
Jai: but i cant greet mamu. She is not my mommy. You are my mommy.
Me: but mamu is also a mom. She is my mommy.
Jai: ok. Happy yaya's day mamu.
wapak!
--------------

Broken but Good

3 comments:

  1. Tawang tawa kame ni jeng dito!!!
    Jai is just adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe pre akoy tuwang tuwa ng iniabot ni jairus ang rose. Parang nahihiyang manliligaw ih!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude tawa ako ng tawa dito... hehehehe
    very nice.. you're inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete